Friday, April 18, 2008

going to bed with a broken heart...

hoping to awake living in the present not in the future..... (ready for some honesty) this semester has been a real struggle for me. Between trying to be patient with the ELCA and my future in the church, and the ever present reality of my phd work looming through the beautiful California days and nights, oh and not to mention the care of 95-6 year old great grand parents, i have now found myself with 4 weeks and 60 pages. Now this isn't the end of the world and works its way out to like 3 pages a day or so. But once again i find myself in a place needing balance and a healthy dose of living in the present moment. All of this came to head tonight as a took a break from my reading of H Richard Niebuhr's responsible self, to check my email. (listen carefully and you will hear my heart break) My favorite professor and mentor at CGU (Ellen Marshall) is leaving to go to Emory. Don't get me wrong... this is absolutely huge for her. she is in her mid thirties and is tenured at CGU and will be tenured at Emory. So what is wrong you might ask? well i have been working with her and saw in my future continued work with her. Fortunately she has decided to stay through 2009. this is great because i will be able to finish all my course work under her. She has also stated that Emory is allowing her to work with former students in what ever way she wishes. This is great for me in the long run yet in the midst of this present moment feels like CRAP!

Ellen, I wish you the Best(not that she reads this LOL) ... Tomorrow i will awake, it will be earth day and hopefully my reality will be based more in the present, and i will honor the opportunity to study under such a young master.

well such is life. God may i learn to live each moment, seize each moment, and feel each moment to its fullest.

Peace, Hope, and good night!
if i dont write much here in the next few weeks it will be due to papers. if i do it will be in spite of my papers. :)

No comments: