Thursday, March 20, 2008

a day of recognized limitations.

Today has been a day of recognized limitations. I tried to replace the head lamp on my wife's car and it was a travesty. first off let me begin by saying it isn't all my fault and not simply my stupidity. The 2002-2004 year model of the Nissan Altima has a ridiculous lighting system. you actually have to remove the coolant reserve chamber just to reach into the light housing. Once you do that you need the hands of an intricate mouse, unlike my mammoth elephant hands, to reach in and with the utmost precision remove and replace the light. All of this i accomplished but once i got the light in, it still didn't work. blasted mechanics. my wife learned a lesson today that my father taught me long ago. " Linda, if you want the toilet fixed, call a plumber. I am not a plumber."

Following that traumatic life event and bashed self-esteem, i went to H & R block to get our taxes done. All i can say is: "At least some lessons have been learned in life."

1 comment:

Tim Crawford said...

Ahh . . . humor. lol. Good thing mechanics and such are very trustworty for random people like us who have no idea what they're talking about. As Dane says, "We had to replace the roof on your car, because it was peeling back. It resented the rest of the car, so we replaced that. Also, there was a tiny unicorn in your exhaust, and he was jumping and poking holes in your exhaust. And he was shitting in your filters as well. So we had to get that out of there."